Between the Blinds
Jacques Derrida is one of the most prolific and influential contemporary French intellectuals. Twenty-two essays and excerpts from Derrida's writings over the last twenty-five years are gathered in this accessible introduction, A Derrida Reader. The book's five sections are carefully introduced by the editor, and each selection of Derrida's work is presented succinctly in context. A general introduction to the volume by Peggy Kamuf provides an original interpretation and overview of Derrida's work and philosophy.
An extraordinary, subtle and informative anthology....The work is presented scrupulously, generously, with consummate art and skill, and will stand as a benchmark for Derrida studies for some time to come.
Introduction: Reading Between the Blinds
Part One: Difference at the Origin
1. From Speech and Phenomena
2. From Of Grammatology
3. From "Difference"
4. "Signature Event Context"
5. From "Plato's Pharmacy"
Part Two: Beside Philosophy--"Literature"
7. From "The Double Session"
8. From "Psyche: Inventions of the Other"
9. "Che cos'e la poesia?"
Part Three: More than One Language
10. From "Des Tours de Babel"
11. From "Living on: Border Lines"
12. "Letter to a Japanese Friend"
13. From "Restitutions of the Truth in Pointing"
Part Four: Sexual Difference in Philosophy
14. From Glas
15. From Spurs: Nietsche's Styles
16. " Geschlecht: Sexual Difference, Ontological Difference"
17. From "At this Very Moment in This Work Here I Am"
18. From Choreographies"
Part Five: Tele-Types (Yes, Yes)
19. From "Le Facteur de la verite"
20. From "Envois"
21. From "To Speculate--on 'Freud'"
22. From "ulysses Gramophone: Hear Say Yes in Joyce"
Bibliography of Works in Jacques Derrida
Selected Works on Jacques Derrida and Deconstruction
Index of Works by Jacques Derrida