Position overview and responsibilities: Assist the Director of Rights and Contracts in the administration of subrights, permissions and contracts department with additional responsibilities in the areas of foreign rights, intern recruitment, payment, and contract processing, as well as other administrative and office duties.
Please contact the Human Resources office for further information or to refer a candidate.
The Subsidiary Rights Department is seeking a motivated intern for the fall. Interest in the legal aspects of publishing is beneficial. Candidates need to be available 10-15 hrs. per week. The position will provide basic instruction in intellectual property rights and training in contracts. There will be some correspondence with foreign publishers. Candidates should be detail-oriented and possess excellent computer skills with a solid understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The internship is unpaid but may qualify for course credit.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia University Press seeks to hire interns for the acquisitions editorial department. Applicants should be eager, hard-working college students or recent graduates who would like to gain practical, entry-level experience in book publishing. The editorial intern would:
• Send out manuscripts for peer review
• Attend editorial and marketing meetings
• Compile lists of recipients of complimentary books
• Prepare final manuscripts for release to production
• Write selling points etc. for editorial and release memos
• Procure promotional blurbs from senior scholars
• Work on grant applications
• Request checks for advances, fees, and other payments
• Contribute to social media presence
• Take on administrative duties, such as photocopying, covering the front desk, etc.
The intern should be able to commit to two or three full days a week. The internship is unpaid, but a transportation stipend is available.
To apply for an editorial internship, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline:
Spring Internship: December 1
Summer Internship: April 1
Fall Internship: July 1