Columbia University Press seeks to hire interns for the acquisitions editorial department. Applicants should be eager, hard-working college students or recent graduates who would like to gain practical, entry-level experience in book publishing. The editorial intern would:
• Send out manuscripts for peer review
• Attend editorial and marketing meetings
• Compile lists of recipients of complimentary books
• Prepare final manuscripts for release to production
• Write selling points etc. for editorial and release memos
• Procure promotional blurbs from senior scholars
• Work on grant applications
• Request checks for advances, fees, and other payments
• Contribute to social media presence
• Take on administrative duties, such as photocopying, covering the front desk, etc.
The intern should be able to commit to two or three full days a week. The internship is unpaid, but a transportation stipend is available.
To apply for an editorial internship, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline:
Spring Internship: December 1
Summer Internship: April 1
Fall Internship: July 1