(*Freelance copy editors should contact Anne McCoy. Please note that we accept applications for freelance work only from experienced academic press editors who work in Word with a PC.)
For prospective authors:
- Instructions on submitting a manuscript for consideration by Columbia University Press.
For contracted authors:
Before preparing the final version of your manuscript to deliver to your editor, please read these documents carefully. You may use this checklist to make sure you have all the necessary components.
- Columbia University Press Guide for Authors (pdf): This is an overview of the manuscript editorial process at the press. In this document you will find detailed instructions on formatting your manuscript correctly, bibliographic and indexing information, relevant materials to submit with your final manuscript, and copy editing and proofing procedures and instructions.
- Formatting Overview: This is an abbreviated version of formatting guidelines culled from the author's guide.
- Author Questionnaire or a Translator Questionnaire: Please fill this out and submit it with your final manuscript. We will use this document to create a marketing strategy for your book.
- Permissions request form (To be submitted to rights holder): You can use this as a template if you need to request permission to reprint any material from third-parties. Your editor will supply you with the relevant publication information
- Permissions spreadsheet: This must be filled out with original rights holder information and submitted along with your final manuscript