Internship in Subsidiary Rights Department
The Subsidiary Rights Department is seeking a motivated intern for the fall. Interest in the legal aspects of publishing is beneficial. Candidates need to be available 10-15hrs per week. The position will provide basic instruction in intellectual property rights and training in contracts. There will be some correspondence with foreign publishers. Candidates should be detail-oriented, and possess excellent computer skills with a solid understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
The internship is unpaid but may qualify for course credit.
If you are interested, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Editorial Intern -- Acquisitions
Columbia University Press seeks to hire interns for the acquisitions editorial department. Applicants should be eager, hard-working college students or recent graduates who would like to gain practical, entry-level experience in book publishing. The editorial intern would:
• Send out manuscripts for peer review
• Attend editorial and marketing meetings
• Compile lists of recipients of complimentary books
• Prepare final manuscripts for release to production
• Write selling points, etc. for editorial and release memos
• Procure promotional blurbs from senior scholars
• Work on grant applications
• Request checks for advances, fees, and other payments
• Contribute to social media presence
• Take on administrative duties, such as photocopying, covering the front desk, etc.
The intern should be able to commit to two or three full days a week. The internship is unpaid, but a transportation stipend is available.
To apply for an editorial internship, please send a brief cover letter and your resume to email@example.com by the appropriate deadline:
Spring Internship: December 1
Summer Internship: April 1
Fall Internship: July 1